Remains of Valle Crucis Abbeydetails

[Picture: Remains of Valle Crucis Abbey]
previous image
up
Share/Bookmark

Image title:

Remains of Valle Crucis Abbey

Taken from

Similar images:

 

Keywords:

Status:

Out of copyright (called public domain in the USA), hence royalty-free stock image for all purposes usage credit requested
Please do not redistribute without permission, since running this site is expensive.

Notes:

It was exactly in the year 1200 that Madoc, Lord of Bromfield, at the time when Prince Llewellyn was contending with King John, founded this monastic house in a deep hollow, already called the Valley of the Cross, from a monumental cross which stood there previously, and stands theire still [1875], under the name of Eliseg’s Pillar.” (p. 40)

“The conventual buildings [...] on the South side of the church, have been turned into farm-buildings: and it is difficult to discriminate their exact arrangement” (p. 41)

Official government Web site

Dimensions:

112 x 87mm (4.4 x 3.4 inches)

Place shown:

Artist:

Filename:

041-Remains-of-Valle-Crucis-Abbey-q37-500x375.jpg

Scanner dpi:

800 dots per inch

Comment:

Download: