|500x375||55K||jpg free download|
|120x90||3K||jpg free download|
|267x200||13K||jpg free download|
|800x600||118K||jpg free download|
|1024x768||170K||jpg free download|
|1600x1200||291K||jpg free download|
The Lion Gates, Hampton Court, in East Molesey, Surrey, England more
Hampton Court Palace was built by Cardinal Wolsey, starting in 1514, although some time in the 1520s it became the property of King Henry VIII.
The Lion Gates are at the Bushey Park entrance to the Palace. The gates were made for Queen Anne, and her initials are engraved into the columns. The wrought-iron gates may have been made by Jean Tijou, a French artist, and are more recent than the pillars; they might on the other hand have been designed by Sir Christopher Wren. Jean Tijou did make the wrought-iron screen in the Southgardens, in approx. 1694.