|500x375||61K||jpg free download|
|120x90||4K||jpg free download|
|267x200||14K||jpg free download|
|640x480||135K||jpg free download|
|800x600||227K||jpg free download|
|1024x768||369K||jpg free download|
|1600x1200||886K||jpg free download|
Interior of S. Sepulchre Church, Cambridge., in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England more
Built c. 114 – 1130.
Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Cambridge.
Built by a Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulchre, to whom the Abbot and Convent of Ramsey gave for that purpose, between 1114 and 1130, a burial-ground which they possessed at Cambridge. This Brotherhood was probably a band of pilgrims who had gone to the Holy Land together; for the church which they built is clearly imitated from that which covers the traditional site of our Lord’s Sepulchre at Jerusalem.
Today this building is known as the “Round Church” and is used for concerts and other events.