|500x298||90K||jpg free download|
|119x71||6K||jpg free download|
|336x200||40K||jpg free download|
|1162x701||255K||jpg free download|
|4650x2803||2M||jpg free download|
Plate 53.—Remains of the Cloisters of Margam Abbey, Glamorganshire., in Port Talbot, Glamorgan, Wales more
Drawn by H Gastineau, engraved by H. W. Bond.
Earl Marshal (Richard or William?) stayed here in 1233. The Castles of Wales site has notes on the history of this period.
The Margam Stones Museum has some stone monuments and crosses from the 7th to 9th Century, including ones from the Church.
Margam Abbey was founded in 1147; the church is the only Cistercian Foundation in Wales still used for Christian worship and with the Nave intact.